How you can make a Difference
- Click here to find your Representative
- Click here to find your Senator
- Call the White House: 202-456-1414
- Call the U.S. State Department: 202-647-4000 and 202-647-6575
- Sen. John Kerry (D-MA), Chairman of Foreign Relation Committee: 202-224-2742
- U.N. Secretary Gen. Ban Ki-moon: 212-963-5012 or email@example.com
- Syrian Embassy: 202-232-6316 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have information about human rights violations in Syria, contact the International Criminal Court: 011-31(0)70-515-8515, 011-31-(0)70-515-8555 (f), or email@example.com
SUGGESTED TALKING POINTS:
- Just as President Barack Obama and Congressional leaders called for the resignation of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and Libyan President Col. Muammar Qaddafi, so too must they call for the immediate resignation of Syrian President Bashar Assad. His deadly attacks on peaceful demonstrators must be condemned by the U.S., if we truly support democracy and the will of the people.
- The Syrian government must immediately stop the killing of civilians, protect peaceful demonstrators, provide open access to medical care, allow free access to humanitarian organizations and international media and expedite serious political and democratic reforms that satisfy the aspirations of the Syrian people.