Statement from Syrian residing in the U.S. and Canada #Syria
After more than 58 years of living under one of the worst totalitarian regimes in the world, the Syrian people have raised up to express their aspirations for freedom, self-determination and democracy in peaceful demonstrations. The world has been shocked by the Baath party regime’s response to these demonstrations, and by their public threats to eliminate all opponents using any means. Since the beginning of the protests on Mar 15th the unarmed demonstrators have been exposed to excessive force including the use of live ammunition to murder innocent demonstrators and citizens. We, the sons and daughters of Syria residing in the United States and Canada, as we pray for the souls of the martyrs and salute the struggle of our Syrian people for the sake of their legitimate rights, announce the following:
1. Baath party and all its cronies have no legitimacy, and are in no way entitled to remain in power.
2. We call for the complete and swift condom nation application of United Nations Security Council.
3. We give our complete support for the Mar 15th Revolution represented by the Syrian youth.
4. We call on all of the EU nation and the United State and Canada to stop their recognition of the Baath party and all its cronies and we call on them to ask all of their allies and friend to reframe from getting involve in the Syrian internal affairs, farther more to cease the support to the current ruling party.
5. We call on all governments and international organizations to provide support and urgent humanitarian aid to the Syrian people, who have been exposed to unprecedented war crimes at the hands of Baath regime, their children, his cronies.
7. We call on the American government, the Canadian government, Syria’s neighboring
countries, the international community, and all of the international organizations to take
steps to minimize legal and procedural obstacles that hinder relief organizations so that
they may provide urgent humanitarian aid to the Syrian people.
Long live Syria, united, free, sovereign and democratic.
For any information please email Syrianetf@gmail.vom